Friday, January 7, 2011

Good Evening fellow bloggers!!

Actually it is almost morning here in Massachuttes!  I am updateing you on the status of my craft room. I am finding that the more I clean, the more work it becomes.  I go to put something away, and end up pulling drawers apart. Then I end up with empty drawer, and the floor is now covered with what was in the drawer. You know that saying two steps forward three steps back, I think I am no steps forward and a million steps back!! Not to mention that the rest of my house is falling down around me. My husband decided to clean out a closet, and he took every winter coat out of storage and everyones closets, and piled them on my livingroom couch, and then moved on to a different project, and mentioned to me that "we" needed to go through all the coats.  I don't know about everyone else, but I have 4 sisters, so with me there are 5 of us, and we all have at least 3 kids each, and we pass down all of their clothing including, you guessed it winter coats!! Now not only do I have to go through a million coats, but I have to separate them into boys and girls, and sizes, then I have to ship them to different sisters on different towns at least 1hr away to states away, which clearly this was the absolute best time to do this!! My plan for tomorrow is to, who am I kidding, I have no plan, but I am open for ideas!! Well it is officially morning here, and I am wide awake, and I am weighing my options, winter coats, more scraproom nighmare, visit blogs that I haven't been to lately, or movie with my daughter.  Yes people movie wins, I am not that OCD!! lol Besides there is alway time after the movie!! Have a good night, ah morning, where ever you are, see you tomorrow, ah today, you know what I mean!!

10 comments:

  1. Karen, you are too funny! Don't you live in MA? I'm on the east coast too, what time zone are you in? It's just past midnight, so you're right, I guess it is morning. Time for me to go to bed. Good luck with whatever you choose to do tomorrow, but I agree with you--I'd opt for the movie too. The coats and scraps will be there when you return! -- Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I ended up ditching the "sort" my paper idea and ended up just stacking it all back up! And I think I accidentally threw away some good card stock that is now missing and a set of stamps... I would rather craft than organize!
    Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen you are too funny. Good luck with the coat "situation" I too cleaned my scrap space a few weeks back and in the midst of cleaning my husband walked in and turned around and walked out! He couldn't believe the mess. So I understand your pain. You will be so happy when it is all cleaned stay focused! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so much cleaning.thats so sweet of you sending out the coats to your fam.will be checking in how you leave your scraproom after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, organizing is a PROJECT!!!! I just re-did my small room and it took me 3 straight days of working every free second I got. My husband kept complaining it was looking worse and worse by the minute - but organizing makes a mess. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is exactly right!!! I HAD to do laundry today, cause I haven't done any all week, and I HAD to pay the bills, cause I didn't even open it all week and let me just say, that if you just pile mail up, and don't go through it daily and get rid of the junk mail, it is alot of work!! So my tip of the week is to go through the mail daily!! I am hopeing to rap a few things up this weekend!! Hopefully I will designate everything to my children, and hubby, and lock myself in my craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I feel your pain. My husband gets that same wild hair about coats and then pulls me into helping him while I have my own mess or job to do...haha...I must share this with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Cely, My husband says that all of us crafters are alike, so maybe there is some secret husband coat cult that we are not aware of!! HMM?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I too am a stay at home mom. Laura is now 18 and will be off to Bama next year. She wants to major in drama--should do good--DRAMA QUEEN--a great kid! I too have trouble sleeping--it's now 1:50AM! Last nite I got to sleep at 4am! Crazy! I'm handicapped and have a great joy at making cards for Operation Write Home--for our soldiers. You have a great talent! I'll be checking back!

    Be Blessed--
    Storylady--(Linda)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally sympathise, Karen. I am trying to paint my craft room after my youngest son dropped a glass of red wine in there and left it looking like a bloodbath. I had wanted a facelift for a while anyway, but I decided to declutter first and now everything is in chaos. Now I am blog hopping and in total denial about it all.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...