Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another Altered Item

Hi All, I wanted to share with you something that I made a while ago, but everyone loves it so I thought I would put it up.  It is supposed to be a Ballet Costume. The center is a 8-1/2 x 11 canvas that I painted pink, I used acrylic paint because it dries so fast, and I found the color I liked, and it was acrylic. Whan the canvas was dry, I printed out pictures of my daughter in her ballet costumes, and I printed them in black and white, only because the pictures had her in differernt colored costumes, so to make it more cohesive, I printed that way. I matted all the pictures, and used pop dots to apply them to the canvas.  I then used rub-ons to write the sentiment.  I then took some tulle, and stapled it on with a staple gun.  I then took some ribbon to use as straps, and for decoration. Then I took a baby hanger and basically ""hung it up". I hope that was clear, and you like it!!  Karen


10 comments:

  1. Ooooo I love that!!! Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm sure your daughter loves it as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute.wow you sure think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cute, Karen. Really different way to display some photos. Good idea! I'm crawling out from my overload slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique and fun girlie hanger...
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scraptabulous! I love, love this. You are so creative and are always thinking outside the box!!

    I wanted to let you know that I received your cards today. O-M-G!! They are fantastic! You did an amazing, amazing job!! I can't wait for Kel to see them. I can't wait for everyone to see them!! Thanks so much! I love the thank you card as well. It is sitting on my desk. I will share with Kel!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE!!! Love it! Have a blessed day :0).HUgs, Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This is such a neat creation!! You did a really awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...