Friday, February 4, 2011

Hi To All My Blogger Buddies!!

Hi All, I have been so busy scrapping away, doing an album for a friend of mine who wants to pay me to do her childrens baby albums, and you guys all know how hard it is to charge for the work that we do.  So of course I have no idea what I am going to charge, but I am having fun doing it. I took pictures to put up on my blog today, but then realized that I can't put the pictures up without permission from my friend considering it is her child,  Even though he is 20 now, I wouldn't feel right. (Besides the fact that there are pictures of her in the hospital right after giving birth) even though I think she looks beautiful, I know that if it were me, and someone put pictures of me after giving birth, well use your imagination!! Anyway I will cover the pictures, and then show you guys the pages.  I am also working on my projects for my FIRST blog hop on Feb 12th!! I am sorry, but I think that making videos to put up on my blog is the wierdest thing ever!  It is not normal to talk to people that are not there!! (and you all know the issue with my voice)  Let's see what else is going on...  Oh yes, you will all be shocked to hear, that MA is expecting SNOW!! I know it is shocking, I can't open doors, because the snow is covering half of it. The only good thing, is that we are supposed to get it Tomorrow, so school can't be cancelled.  Although they are also talking snow for the beginning of next week too!! Anyway, I will post my pages later, and I hope everyone has a great day!! Karen<3  Oh I am still trying to figure out the whole Mr. Linky thing (you know with my computer handicap and all)  so if I figure it out, anyone who has linked the entry in the challenge back to their blog, might have to do the Mr. Linky thing. Sorry, (don't worry, cause I probably wont figure it out anyway)  Oh, aren't you glad I ended this 5 sentences ago?!? LOL I forgot to mention that I have some SPECTACULAR Sponsor for the blog hop, and great candy donated!! ( it is a secret for now) o.k., I think that is it, I think, yup, thats it!! Karen<3

8 comments:

  1. If she is a close friend and you feel funny charging her, maybe you could have her take you to lunch? or maybe a movie? Or just your supplies? and ask her to spread the word around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sher, The problem is, that she wouldn't let me do it, unless I would charge her. We went through this when I made her husbands 50th birthday cake. I have a problem with giving to much, I need to go to givers anonymous. I get told that all the time, and I do realize it, but whenever someone wants something, the first words out of my mouth are always, "Don't worry about it" I am trying to get better, and to be honest, I could use the money, I think that I will show her the few pages that I have done, and ask her how much she wants to spend, and either do simpler pages, or spend more time, I don't know, but thanks for the ideas <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Karen! you crack me up!! I have that same problem with charging for scrapbooks! Well I look forward to seeing your pages and I hope you do not get too bombarded with snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your creation for your friend!! If I have time when I get home tonight (um...sneaking on here while I am at work)to see if I can research that Mr Linky thing. I am not sure how to do it either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ash, Tracy the directions are kinda simple, I just can't figure out whick one is the one to use? I am Hopeless!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya..more snow.. something different! LOL. I am working on a baby scrapbook for my nephews wife who is expecting. I'll have to post pics. I'm dying to see who this secret sponsor is your hush about.the waiting is killing me.... Good luck with the chargin thing. My SIL makes cards and her friends always ask to buy them.. so she lets them. She actually gets $5.00 a card.. At first she didnt' want to take the money, but the friend wanted her too. this way her friend feels she can ask my SIL to make more without feeling like it's always a "favor" so I wouldn't worry about it.. eh, especially if she offerred..it woudl be a nice lil biz for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, Karen I have the same problem! I like the ideas of either letting her decide how much to pay, charging just for the cost of supplies, or having her take you out on a friend date :) Good luck with the snow! I can't even imagine what it must be like to not be able to open your door!! I think I'd go crazy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. cant wait to see your project for your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...