Saturday, February 26, 2011

Good Morning

Hey Fellow bloggers,  I am writing this Saturday morning, thinking about how much I have missed my blog. It is amazing how a few days of not being on here chatting, and commenting around, how much I missed it.  The thing is, is when I first started, I was wondering how I was going to find the time to do it.  I remember thinking, "A blog, that would mean writing every day, or at least 2 times a week."  and who would really want to read it, let alone care about what I think, or say, but after losing so much of mycrafting supplies in the water in my basement this week that I realized, it was you guys that were the ones offering to send me some of your own supplies, not like my "friends" who are not in this crafting world, (who I do love very much) that were saying, "at least it was only crafting supplies" and when I was in my funk about losing my crafting supplies, it was you guys who were checking to see if I was doing o.k., and it was you guys who could tell just by my typing, that I was not, and I thought,  None of my "friends" offered to help replace things that got wrecked, they were the ones saying, well you have so much stuff anyway.  and then it hit me, "my own friends" did I hear what I was saying, "my own friends" how crazy was that to say, it was even crazier to hear.  What was the definition of a friend? I decided to look it up, but there was a quote, and it did not say who wrote it, but when I read it I immediately thought of you guys, my "scrappy friends" it was,  A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. ...  If that doesn't describe each and every one of you, then I don't know what does.  After all, I don't know about you, but my blog is the exact place where I write without being judged, I can be honest about what I think, and feel, and I know that if I ask for your opinion, I know that you are going to give it to my truthfully.  My "blogger"  friends, have nothing to gain by lying to me, you guys (I hope) tell me the truth, because you guys all love what I love, and by telling me that maybe I should put yellow behind the pink, or maybe those polka dots, don't exactly go with that sympathy card, and that maybe I should not use that Peachy Keen winking face stamp on top of it. What I am really trying to say is that I am so grateful to have started my blog, and to have met such caring wonderful people who love to do, what I love to do, people who tell me what they honestly think, people who have nothing to gain by not being perfectly honest with me, people that I consider friends.  Thanks to you all for helping get me out of my funk.   Karen<3

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're out of your funk, and can't wait to see what you've made next for us to admire. I was thinking about you yesterday while I was at HobLob. I was looking for brass stencils (which they didn't have)so I could try your faux x-stitch. Maybe Michaels.....
    Wishing you sunshine & laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! I agree with all of it! I Heart my blogging friends and this is the first place I turn to to share news, projects and updates! I can't imagine not having this whole "blogging" thing in my life! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers your way that all works out for you and your family. People who do not have a paper hobby just don't understand the whole issue. For me the hobby is just not about making things but is also a way to express yourself and relieve stress. Crafting will lift your spirit so I am glad to see you back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Karen!! Right back atcha!!!! Glad you are back to blogging and bless you for this post. I feel the very same way. Your FRIEND, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a sweetie Karen, even if you are slightly cracked (lol! just kidding). I just wanted to make you laugh, and I know you won't get mad at me saying that. And right on with your post. I've met some real nice blogging buddies in the past few months, and I hope you know you are one of them! And we all have those ups and downs, but you can get right back on that horse and blog away, girl. Like Carri said, I'm real glad I found this blogging world. I think we can all relate. You go GIRL!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post!! It is so very true!! And I'm glad you started your blog, too....and that I found you....what a great community!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been a bit out of touch lately and didn't hear about your flood till just now. How devastating for you so very sorry. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and are crafting again. Looking forward to yoiur inspiring work.
    Big Blog Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so happy to see your post, I'm glad I started my blog last month and met you! I agree with everything you said, and I consider, my new bloggy buddies my friends, it's so funny since I don't know any of you personally! I find much fulfillment in talking to you guys and sharing with you guys, and since I am a SAHM, you guys are my best friends!! Keep feeling better...we are here for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen
    I am so sorry to hear about your flood, I can not imagine what you went through. I am so glad to hear your doing better. Thank you for stoping
    by my blog. I am new to bloging and i have been so busy making digital personalized cards and scrapbook pages for people and myself that i have not had time to post on my blog. Hopefully i can get some new post out next week. I will be back here checking out your new post often and hope you keep doing better every day. Take care
    CountryLadyDesigns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, I'm so sorry about your flood. I hope you don't let it beat you. Your local friends may not understand (I know mine wouldn't either), but we do. Hang in there, girl!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Karen! You are too sweet! :) I am so sorry I've been MIA myself recently. Everything has been pretty hectic here and I am just now finally getting back online and trying to catch up with all of my bloggy buddies. I just love this post! I too am so thankful for you and the rest of my blog friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...