Friday, March 11, 2011

My Plastic Bag Flower!!

Hey guys, I wanted to share a fun flower that a friend showed me how to make!  Actually, we all know how to make them already, it is just with a new medium.  Remember in grade school, or Brownies, Girl Scouts, or Blue Jays, we would make those flowers with the tissue paper.  We would cut a bunch of pieces of tissue paper into squares, all the same size, but maybe different colors.  Then we would stack them on top of each other, and fan fold them back and forth. Then you round the paper at both ends, and separate the tissue paper to fluff it up.  Well this flower is made out of a Michaels bag.  I cut a bunch of squares out of the Michael's bag.  I cut them about 4-4-1/2" square.  Then I took my alcohol inks, and the Blending solution and squirted them all over the squares.  When they dry, stack them up into a pike, and fold them back and forth, tie a string around the center, and fluff them up, but don't do it all the way around, you want the bottom to be flat. Here is a picture of mine, my colors leave much to be desired, but I don't have another Michaels, ( I KNOW) but since I hurt my back, I haven't been out to the craft stores!! Trust me, when my back feels better, I will make up for lost time!! LOL   So, here is mine, remember this is my first try, so don't mock.

Any way, you can change the size, the colors, and add leaves,or vines, and best of all it's free, and you are also saving the planet.  So explain to your hubby that you have to go to the craft store so you can buy some stuff, so that they can give you a bag, and then you can make a free flower!! LOL Oh don't forget to mention that you are recycling !!! LOL

11 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I've never seen these before. Tfs. I am now your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen!! I can't believe that's made with a plastic bag!! How neat!! :) Thank you so much for sharing! This is definitely something I'll have to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be doing a video of this, I wanted to put something up quick, because I haven't posted anything crafty all week, with my back, and dog, and Bon Jovi, it has been a very full week, just not crafty!! LOL Karen<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Karen! I'm going to try this.

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i gotta go shopping to get my plastic bags.lol karen.thanks for the tip.i love the way it turned out.about viva decor it has its cons and pros.i got them from stamps alive about 4 for about 18.00 with shipping.the cons is that it takes a while to dry and that you have to squeez out gently to make the pearl shape.the pros they wont come off like the pearls you buy at michaels with the sticky backing and they are lot cheaper in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're taking me back in time, Karen. I kinda remember that. I think I used to make flowers using that method with kleenex. But I'm having a senior moment right now. I think yours turned out real nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bow turned out neat-o! I remember that technique...neat twist.
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat idea using plastic store bags . I remember this from many many many years ago we used Kleenex and tissue paper for gift wraping to mke giant ones. Will have to look into this I don't have any of the coloring stuff though. Thanks for the grest idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg what an amazing idea! your flower came out beautiful! these are the kind of low cost ideas i need to find to do projects with the residents at my work! :) Im super happy I found it! :)
    omg im so exited now! If you find any other low cost ideas please let me know! this is amazing! I cant wait to try this out!
    And your so right this is recycling and turning into something so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...