Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm BACK!!!!

Hey my Crafting  Com padres!!! Have you missed me??? Well let's talk Bon Jovi!! We left at about 5 ish on Friday, and got to the hotel about 7ish (just to be clear, 5 ish and 7ish are highly technical terms) so anyway we were checking in, and somehow the guy at the reception desk knew we were there for the concert. Now either he was an amazing phsycic, or we were singing way to loud!  we got our room keys and headed up to our room, which by the way was beautiful. All white down comforters big, and fluffy, and get this, they change the comforters Daily, they are clean, and washed Daily! Now if you knew me, you would know, that I have a huge fear of hotel comforters. The horror of what goes on, on those Hotel bed spreads, or comforters whatever you want to call them, and I don't know if you all know this, but there are hotels that do not ever change or clean those bedspreads/comforters ever,ever, did I mention ever! When I saw that they do change theirs daily, My heart did a flip flop, so with the clean comforters, all I had to worry about was the rug......the gross,disgusting, filthy hotel room rugs! I never, ever, ever walk barefoot on hotel room rugs! If you think about what is on the comforters then just think about what is on the FLOOR!! People, we could solve half of the diseases in the world if hotels would clean there rugs every century! So anyway, after a few towels on the floor with a route to the bathroom, and a trail to the door, we were off to the concert!!  With directions to Mohegan Sun from the hotel.  Now I don't know how many of you have been to Mohegan Sun, but it is HUGE!!!!! Neither one of us had ever been there, but we are healthy (o.k., she is the healthy one) girls, and we can find Bon Jovi, no matter where they are, we think that it is like a homing device, but when we came over the hill, it was like Dorothy running through the poppies, this massive glowing bunch of colored neon flashing,enormous buildings.  Now we were confident that we could figure out what parking garage to go to, as we drove right by the sign that said "Bon Jovi, Earth garage entrance" now to most people this would be a problem, a conundrum of sorts, but not for us, we love a challenge!! So we did the next best thing to the Earth garage, we chose the Summer garage, we figured Earth, sun,summer, it all flowed, in made sense... didn't it? So we found an awesome spot, entered the elevators in  the Autumn side of the Summer garage. (it didn't make any sense to us either) but we went with it.  Now came the hard part, once off the elevators, we were in front of a massive glass sculpture, with water flowing from it, very pretty, but we didn't have time for art appreciation.  We decided that they must be playing in the Arena, that made the most sense to us, we are thinking that since we went in the wrong garage, that we were going to have to walk 5 miles just to get there, but us being the only human beings with pidgeon like homing devices. We turned a corner, and there it was, the Arena, right in front of us Bon Jovi live at the Arena at Mohegan Sun!! The concert was great, not one of my favorites, but awesome non the less.  When the concert was over, we played some penny slots, yes people not many people know that I am a high roller! We were up and we were down, but we ended up down about $10.00.  We then decided to head back to the hotel.  Stinking of smoke which is a huge pet peeve of mine, but we stopped at a quick mart, grabbed some junk food, and headed back to our room.  After watching a few stupid middle of the night stupid shows, and eating junk, looking at Stampin Up, and Close to My Heart catalogs, we fell asleep.  It was so nice to sleep in till 9:00a.m..  Now this is the part where I usually say to myself, "nothing has gone wrong, this doesn't make sense, and then.... while in the shower, I went to reach for the shampoo, and it happened, I slipped.  Now most people fall in the shower, I however fell out of the shower, on my back!!! Now when I say that it hurt, that is an under statement, as soon as I hit the floor, the first thing that went through my mind, was OMG I would be horrified to be found naked, contorted in a twisted lump on the bathroom floor, at the Hilton Hotel, So with that thought racing through my mind, I jumped up, almost took the shower rod with me, that is Bolted to the wall.  So after grabbing a towel, and covering up, my 40lbs over weight body, I called for my friend, and she helped me out to the bed.  So we packed up, and brought my broken very sore body home.  Went to the doctors today, nothing was broken, but I will be pretty sore for a few days.  Sorry for the x-tra long rant, but you know me, and how I love to chat LOL  karen<3

6 comments:

  1. Your "rant" cracked me up! I really do hope you are feeling better!! Glad your back..sorry you slipped but that truly makes for a great concert story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Karen!! I hope you are ok and of course we missed you! I'm glad to hear you had a good time despite your stumble.

    :)Patti

    www.shortnscrappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Karen!! Thank goodness you're ok!! That little slip could have been alot worse! I am glad to hear that you girls enjoyed the concert though :) I hope you're taking it easy for a while to let your back heal up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are okay....must of been a moment of *oh no!*
    Sounds like a wonderful hotel....glad you had fun too!
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,

    So scary! I am so glad that you are only sore and nothing broken!!

    On a happier note.. you won my Spring fever blog hop candy!! Yippee! Come check it out on my blog!
    Hugs!
    Carri

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! I can't BELIEVE you fell out of the shower... and in a hotel room, no less! I thought I was the only one who did things like that! Poor Karen! What a horrible end to an otherwise fantastic adventure! I hope you're feeling better by now. Now that I have the trip report, I'm just waiting for the pictures! LOL! Glad you're back!

    Anniebee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...