Saturday, August 3, 2013

52nd Birthday Album!! Better 2 years late, than never!!!

Hey Guys!!! Wow!!! My summer has been crazy!! I don't know about all of you, but I can't believe where the summer has gone!! I don't want you to think that I have not been crafting, because nothing can be further from the truth!!  I have been feverishly working on my Brother-in-laws 50th birthday album.. Now I know that you are thinking, and yes it is the album that I started 2 years ago?!?! and to that I would sadly reply, YES!! However, now that he has just turned 52, I can Happily, and Excitedly say I am DONE!!!!  So my friends, I would love to share some of my work from the album, I hope you like it!!!   This first picture I used my Cameo to cut the number 50 out, and used the negative space to insert pictures on the inside of the numbers.
This next picture is, of his family and some pictures that they took on their way to Massachusetts from Michigan.  I used paper for most of this album from a pad called The Guy Stack from DCWV.  I really liked this paper, and it was very easy to match the paper with scraps that I already had.
I cut both of the States out of some paper that I found in my stash, I then added, like most of this album, stickers that were also in my stash.  The stamps that I used again from my stash, were basically journaling stamps, which I left blank for him to add his thoughts and feelings of the day.  I did that on most of the album when I thought that there were things that happened, that his feelings and comments would be better coming from his point of you, rather than mine.
This page again is paper from the stack, and I used the Lucky 8 punches from We R Memory Keepers, and the letters were cut from my Cameo.
This page was done using the negative space left over from the We R Memory Keepers Lucky 8 punches from the page before.

This Page I used cardstock from my stash, and a piece of patterned paper from the stack, that I used my Martha Stewart's border punch, and some chipboard letters from my stash.. I don't know if you noticed the theme here (using my stash) I have a huge stash, that I never use.  I have come to the realization that I don't like to use my stash! I mean I buy the things, but I hate to use them.  I like to keep them, and look at them, it makes me happy!! I have to stop, I have so much money invested in my supplies, and sometimes they get wrecked because something gets put on top, and something gets wrinkled, or stained, or whatever, but it has to stop.  I am also having my yearly Yard Sale, and this year, I am going to dig deep, and get rid of things that I don't use, and sell them, make some money, and pay some bills, (and possibly buy new stuff)!! (don't mention that to my hubby)  Anyway, if there is anything that you are looking for, I probably have one, (or 2) I will be putting a list up, but to give yo some ideas, I will be selling Peach Keen stamps, my Cricut Gypsy with Hundreds of cartridges loaded on, stickers, paper, punches, albums, pens, markers, chipboard, stamps, ink, Tim Holtz products, Tons of embellishments, ect.  Feel free to email me with questions, or if there is something that you are looking for, feel free to ask. Well I will add some more pages from the album tomorrow, so I hope you like what you have seen, and I am off to my sisters beach house for a family cookout on the Cape.  Hope you all are having a great summer!!!   karen♥

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome awesome album Karen!! I am sure your brother will LOVE and treasure this special present forever!! I LOVE what you did with the "50" such a clever idea to put pictures inside the numbers!!!
    Awesome job my friend! So glad to see your post and your progress!!! Please keep up the great work and post more SOON!!!!
    Good luck on selling your stash at the garage sale...if you get a list together soon I am looking for PKS :) Let me know what you have!!
    Have a GREAT weekend and so glad to see you pop back in bloggy land!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing album. Love the cover. I e-mailed you with a question. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...