Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sure Cuts Alot

Hey All, Do any of you use Sure cuts alot?  I have been thinking of getting it, because the price of cartridges is so high, and my new friend Amanda (who I am currently stalking, (don't worry,I have her permission) who designs on Cloud 9 designs uses it and loves it. There are a few problems with me getting it. First I do not understand svg files, and anything else that has to do with computers. Second, I thought that I read somewhere that the latest version does not work on the Cricut.  So I am wondering, how many of you guys uses it, and how do you like it?  I would love any info that any of you have.  Please feel free to comment on this, and help me make my decision. Thanks guys, Karen♥

5 comments:

  1. I have been trying to find out about svg's too Karen. My Expression is on it's last leg and when I replace it I'm debating on another one or going the Silhouette route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct about the cricut. If you have updated it lately or have any of the newer machines SCAL will not work on it. Cricut has it blocked. I bought it and personally I hated it so I ended up throwing the software in the trash BUT I know lots of people that use and love it. It all just depends on who you talk too. Good luck learning it if you get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been debating it too. I'm not up on svg's either so that is a big problem for me. I have been working on some things that hopefully I will get posted either today or tomorrow on my blog. How to get the most value out of your cartridges. The only thing is that you have to own a Gypsy. I would like to know how long Tami has had her expression? It kind of scares me that hers is on it's last leg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard it won't work if you update your cricut but don't you have to update your cricut if you have a gypsy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have SCAL 2 and I like it. However, the SCAL 3 will not work with the Cricut so I have to stick with SCAL 2 which is fine with me. I have not had any problems with using it and updating my Cricut so I am not sure if there is a new update out that has affected using it. But for now I am still using it and I like it because I can get some SVG images that Cricut does not have - can you imagine...Cricut not having a particular image..with as many is out there? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...