Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Spring Wreath

Hi Guys, Happy 2013!!
Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful New Years!! I had a wonderful day, my hubby was on vacation, so he went back to work on Wednesday:(  While I was watching the parades, and hanging out with my family, playing our new favorite game, "Catch Phrase" it is fun, you will have to try it! Anyway, I saw a wreath that someone made on FB, and I just had to make one, The person that I saw make it was Sarah, on Stampingwithsarah.blogspot.com.  Sarah said that you needed 6 pieces of double sided paper, but I didn't think that was enough, so I think I used 10 sheets of double sided paper.
This is what I came up with.  I tried to pick Spring colors, and I chose the paper from K&Co.
 I also added some yellow ribbon from Paper Tray Ink.
So what you need is 10 sheets of double sided paper,
A stryofoam wreath
Common Pins
Ribbon
A pencil
Take 10 sheets of double sided paper, of your choice, cut the paper into 1/2" strips
Take the strips, and curl the around a pen, or pencil, or anything similar,
once you curl all the paper, or you can curl some and pin some, once you have the paper curled, you pin the curled paper into the wreath, all the way around, I liked it very full, but you can make it as full as you like.  before you fill in the top, I wrapped the ribbon around the styrofoam wreath to be able to hang it.  and that is it, very easy, I did it while watching t.v.  I hope you like it! Karen♥           

I entered my Ribbon and Paper wreath in challenges  at
4craftychicks.blogspot.com,
craftycreations.blogspot.com
pinandtack.blogspot.com
dianamlarson,blogspot.com  (DL.ART)

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Karen!!! What a gorgeous wreath..perfect for spring as I look out the window and see the snow falling :(
    I am so super excited to see you posting more too!!!
    TFS and have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wreath. Thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo!! I'm so excited too to see you post more fabulous projects!! OMG! your wreath is BEAUTIFUL and perfect for spring!! I also wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy New Year my friend and cheers to a fantastic 2013!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful i love it and can only imagine the time it took!_

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic inspiration and colors. The ribbon and bow are an added touch. Thanks for linking your wreath up to 4 Crafty Chicks Ribbon and Bows challenge. We would love it if you could please link your creation to our challenge on you blog. Happy New Year! Oh and I agree that game is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute wreath! I can't wait to give it a try.

    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wreath is beautiful Karen I say let's bring on spring.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so beautiful and I love the spring colours, I am afraid it will be along time before we see spring here in Alberta....so much snow! But on a happy note we are leaving for Arizona on the 28th for a whole month and I can't wait! Looking forward to seeing the sunshine and getting a little colour back into old broken down body. Happy New Years and the best to your family in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW Karen! This wreath is awesome!! Hope your 2013 will be a wonderful year! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for playing along this week at “Pin and Tack”. I sure hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Pin and Tack / Spark Your Creativity Now DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful wreath! Love the colors:)
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at LSP.
    DT-MEMBER
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Karen! This is so pretty--certainly speaks Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful spring wreath.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...