Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Catching Up On My Cards

Hi Everyone!! I was recently reading my friend Amy's blog, " Scrap This Save That"  and she was talking about how we all have a year to make Christmas cards, and yet like her, I didn't send out nearly the amount of cards that I should have!! Anyway, she has a new plan, and I am jumping right on her band wagon, to make at least 1 Christmas card a week, so that by the time Christmas comes around I should have roughly 50 cards before I really sit down to make my actual Christmas  cards, and maybe I wont be so far behind.  I already have a couple made, I am trying to make at least 2-3 of every kind. I want to show you the first card that I made, there are a few different versions of it, but this is the one that I liked the best, I hope you like:
This was made with gold stickers, I peeled a few pieces off, and left some on, on some of the other cards, I used double sided tape, and when I peeled the pieces off, I added fine glitter, and they really are coming out great, I will share one with you soon. The paper is from Paper trey Ink,Pure Poppy, the gold stickers are from Elizabeth Designs, and the Merry Christmas, I wrote myself with a white gel pen.  So, I hope everyone joins in and builds up your stock of Christmas Cards for next year, and please check out my inspiration for this idea, Amy, at Scrap this Save That!! Karen♥
I have linked this post with pinkcricut.com

7 comments:

  1. What a Lovely card!Just wonderful!Saw it on Pink Cricut.New follower
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen! Great card, nice plan to stay ahead! If I had just a little more space to leave my holiday stuff out I might be able to make a card a week! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to do the same thing Karen. I found this Christmas card challenge to help keep us motivated: http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com Check it out. I'm sure there are others too, but I haven't had chance to look. Nice card! One of many more to come, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very very pretty Karen..but I do not see any of that new twine on your card...LOL!!!
    I think your plan is an awesome one and such a great idea!! I should totally be doing the same thing...maybe I will try :)
    Anyways thanks for sharing and have a GREAT one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pretty little holiday trees ... so glad you started 2013 with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww Karen, you're so sweet! I'm just now seeing this post for the first time...I must have missed it somehow! I love you first card!! The Christmas tree stickers are awesome too!

    I have faith in us...I know we can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well you are DEFINITELY off to a good start if you're making cards already AND making multiple versions of each! i totally LOVE those festive trees, who would not like to find this in their mailbox next december?! thanks for sharing your new goodies and fab card with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...