Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Aunt Nellie's Snowmen

Hi guys,  I have missed being on here and bopping around looking at all the wonderful things that you talented ladies create!!  I was just thinking that I finally caught up to what I thought I could manage to do before Christmas, when my WONDERFUL Aunt Nellie called and asked if I remembered the snowmen that I made for her a few years ago, and wanted to know if I could make her about 9 or 10??!?  AUUGGGGGGGHHH!!! Of course I said yes I would be happy to make them for her, but I would have to come over and pick some of them up so I could see or even remember what they looked like!! So I thought that I would share them with you.  I learned how to make these from a scrapping weekend that my Local Scrapbook Store sponsored.  Just to give them a plug, and in case someone finds themselves in Southern MA with nothing to do, the name of the store is  Right AT Home Scrapbooking!! Anyway, here they are:
These are 2 of the 4 that I made for her.  They are actually very easy to make.  All you need is some little glass vases, they are at Michaels for about $1.00-$2.00

 You then fill the vases, just about 1/4 of the way with pearl like beads.  You could put any kind you have, not expensive, and any size you like.
 Then you glue a styrofoam ball to the opening of the vase.  I also covered the styrofoam ball with glue and rolled it through fine glitter, like the clear, or white color.

 The face has pink cheeks that are deliberately made to look like round pink circles, and with black pearls for the eyes and a\the mouth,  You then just decorate as you wish,  I used white marabou which is kind of feathery poofy like material.
 Then you pick papers that go together, and decorate till the cows come home!!
I hope you all like them, and I will post pictures when I finish the 9 or 10 hahaha  Karen♥

4 comments:

  1. These are so super duper ADORABLE Karen!!!! OMG I love how they turned out! Creative and sweet and of course I can see why your Aunt would want you to make her more!
    Awesome job my friend! Thanks for sharing and can not wait to see them all completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these too adorable! What a unique idea. LOVE. So glad to see you linked up at my Just Because Linky Party!

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Just B Creative Crazy Blog
    Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
    Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘HANDMADE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...