Monday, May 14, 2012

Silhouette Cameo

Hello all my Crafting Cohorts!!!  I have a problem, and I know that one of you will be able to help me, or knows someone who can help me, or knows someone, who knows someone who can help me, or at least knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone who can help me!!! Here is the situation, as some of you know, I recently bought the Silhouette Cameo, because I have heard only wonderful things about it.  What I haven't heard about it, is that you have to be a Nuclear Physicist to use it!!!  Now I pride myself in being able to follow directions, but, first of all the Silhouette Cameo directions are far from directions!! They don't explain how to USE the darn thing!!! I don't know how many of you have the Cameo, or how many of you have the Cameo, and like me, own the Cameo, but just look at it on the shelf.  Now don't get me wrong, it looks very nice on the shelf, but it just seems that by sitting there on the shelf, it is failing to fulfill it's purpose just sitting there looking pretty!!  I have decided that the Cricut was made to be used by kindergartners, and the Cameo, was, well, not!!! The page that you open to find what you want to cut out, or draw, or any of the other things that it does, that I wouldn't know, because, I am NOT a Nuclear Physicist!!! I am wondering if anyone else, or if anyone knows of anyone else, or if anyone knows of anyone, who knows of anyone else who has the Cameo, and not only has the Cameo, but has the Cameo and knows how to use it??? I have gone on You Tube, and there are a few people who have made video's on the Cameo, but I seem to need someone who has made a video on the very basic, basic information on how to use it.  So I ask you my Crafting Cohorts, if any of you have any information on the Cameo, and would love to help me, I would appreciate it, and if you don't, I just might have to have a challenge, and can anyone guess what the candy would be for the winner????  LOL  Thanks all for listening to my latest among many rant's!!!! karen♥

7 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend Karen!!! I would love to help you...just let me know and we can talk :) it is alot easier than you think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me and we can arrange a phone call...step by step tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, I know just what you mean. So I decided to take a online course for the cameo and it is both cheap and excellent! Now you have to remember not only am I not a fast learner I am also turning 60 next month so I needed all the help I could get. I was making project after watching the first video and I have all the videos forever. This is the websit.
    http://www.jessicasprague.com
    She has a wonderful online class for the cameo! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenny, This sounds like just what I need!!! I am also not a fast learner, but I can learn so much easier when I actually watch a video!! Thanks so much Jenny!! karen♥

      Delete
  4. sorry I'm not help, but I can't wait to see what you do with it! And let me know how it compares to a cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my sweet friend:) I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and got spoiled:) I wish I could help with the Cameo but, I don't have one, maybe one day and you will then be able to help me LOL!!! If I happen to come across any basic videos I will let you know.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Norma, Jessica, Jenny, and Lisa, Thanks so much for all of your help!! I went to the web site that Jenny gave me, and it is FABULOUS!!! She has tons of video's on all kinds of things, so I think that everyone should check it out, and see what you are interested in anything!! Her web add is
    http://www.jessicasprague.com !! Thanks,karen♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...