Monday, March 12, 2012

Hi Guys!!

Hi All,
I will be missing for a few days, My Baby girl turned 21 today!!! We all went out to dinner, and we had her first "Legal" drink together!! Cause lord knows, it was not her first drink!! She was such a good girl all through high school, and then she decided that she was not going to go to college without ever having a drink, so in her brilliant mind she decided to have her first drink at 18 at a Blink 182 concert! She didn't have it in out house, or at a friends house, she decided to have it at a CONCERT where there are 95 THOUSAND cops all over the place!! I know that this is where she had her first drink, because she told me, when we went to go pick her up at the Police holding tank at the concert!!! We got a phone call about 2 hours after she left to go to the concert, it is that phone call that as a mother, or a parent, you never want to get.  The phone rang, I answered it, and I heard, "Mrs. Driscoll" This is Officer so, and so, and I have Amanda, she is fine, everything is fine,but,  she has been drinking, I wish I could tell you what his name was, or the rest of the conversation, but after I heard she is fine, and everything is fine, I couldn't tell you how I made it upstairs to tell my husband, or how we got to the concert to pick her up. I do remember walking into the holding area, and seeing about a thousand teenagers, I saw one fall out of her chair, and laugh her head off on the ground, and then I saw her, she had this petrified look on her face, with her back up against the wall, and a police officer came over to us to see which one of these idiots we were there to get, and when we told him, he said, "Oh Amanda, she is the best drunk we have" Now there was not a moment to prouder of than when a police officer tells you that your drunk teenager, was the most well behaved drunk that they have!! It is one of those moments that you put right in the memory book with her first step, and the first time she had carrots!!! Anyway, I found out all about how this was her first drink, ALL, and I mean ALL the way home!! There is one thing that you cannot stop, and that is a drunk teenager from talking. Talking about anything, and EVERYTHING!!! There was a part of me that was so angry, and the other part that had to bite my lip, (really hard) not to laugh at whatever she was rambling about!! T also thought at that moment, what I had put my parents through, because I, unlike my daughter did not wait to have my first drink till I was 18 like my daughter did. The only thing that saved me half the time with my parents was that I had 4 other sisters, and there was a good chance that one of them would come in after me, and would be more drunk than I was!! hahaha.  So I will be spending this week with my wonderful, daughter who is on spring break, and who is still out "Celebrating" her birthday, she does have a designated driver(for those of you that are curious) and she did have one the night of that concert also, which helped with the level of anger that I had that night, but as for tonight, I am not sure what time she will roll in here, but the thing that I am sure of, is that I couldn't have asked for a better daughter, friend, and just the best person that I want to hang out with.  So I will be back in a few days, and I Love You Manda!!!    Karen♥

12 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful, Karen. Happy 21st to your daughter. Your story is hilarious and touching, all at the same time. I can definitely relate. My daughter is now 23, so I went through similar experiences. Enjoy your time with your daughter this week, and make more great memories!!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeHe Karen! Your story is hilarious! I too lucked out with one of my sisters doing something stupider than me! Ha - not looking forward to these times with my girls!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story, the things are kids put us through, but it is worth every minute of it. I cherish both my kids and wouldn't trade them for anything even though they they did put me thru hell once or twice. Happy Birthday to your Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Big 2~1 to your daughter!! I had to laugh at this post....my two are still to young for us to even think about drinking but I am so not looking forward to these days with them! Actually my youngest who is 8 asked me last night if he could stay home to go to college...mark my word BOTH of my boys are going to live with us FOREVER!!!
    Anyways~ Again happy birthday to your daughter! Enjoy this wonderful time with her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh youth....
    Happy birthday to your sweet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 21st Birthday to your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe! what a funny story! love it! I have to say i didn't have my first drink until I was 19, but you don't hear of that too much anymore! Hope she had a good birthday and you had fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for thinking of me on those books, and thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I hope you have a great time with your daughter!!
    Patti
    www.shortnscrappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen:) Happy 21st Birthday to your daughter!! My son is only 7 so I have a while to go hopefully before worrying about teenagers partying:) I sure hope you are enjoying your time with her !!

    P.S. Finally an answer to your questions:) A friend of mine told me that the Stampin' Up! Diagonal plate does fit on the Martha Stewart score board:)

    Hugs,
    Noorma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I remember those days with my kids. Anyone who has adult children can probably relate. (or otherwise their kids just never got caught....haha!) But it's okay...one of these days we'll get to watch THEIR kids put them through the same thing they put us through...and we can just sit back and laugh!!

    Thanks for popping over by my blog and for your sweet comments about my vinyl work on my daughter's offie wall! I really do have a great daughter...just like you! How did we get so lucky?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Karen!
    I enjoyed what you said. I am now entering the preteen years with my first daughter and it has its own challenges. What life brings... So glad to hear you got through it and there is hope for me. Now I know who I can come to for advice. ;)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to seeing more! I became a linky follower too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...