Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hi All !!!!

Hi Everyone!!!
I wanted to share something that  I have been working on.  I made some molds from some charms, and bits and pieces of things that I had laying around the house.  First I took some Sculpey clay,
You spray the charms with water, you can dust them with some powder, but that is more messy.  After conditioning the clay, ( knead it) till it is soft, then push the clay into, or on top of the charms (items) that you would to make 



Then spray the charms with water, you can dust them with some powder, but that is more messy.  After conditioning the clay, ( knead it) till it is soft, then push the clay into, or on top of the charms (items) that you would to make. They will come out something like this.

Then take the clay out, which should look something like this.                   
After they come out of the oven (which was set to 275 degrees for about 10 minutes.  When they cool, you can, paint them, chalk them, use any colored mists, use Perfect Pearls, or pretty much any ways that you can color them, or you can keep them the color of whatever color clay that you used to make the charms. I would have liked to keep some of these the color of the clay, but I used Transparent, and I thought that I used like a cream color, so as my friend Charlie Sheen would say "DUH", be a "WINNER" like me, and check the label !!!! After that,they could look like these,or look a heck of a lot better!!.                                                

These were done, with all of the methods above, (I would have showed you which was which, but me battery died) I would be happy to show you the difference, let me know. However, it is fun to figure out the difference yourself.  When attaching these to your page, the best way I have found, is hot glue. I also used another technique that I have shown you before, well I showed you the end result, but not the technique.  TP charms!! Yes Toilet Paper!! I forget to take the picture before I colored them, but I forgot.  There is a photo on here if you want to check it out, I  can't help you, because I can't, so,the first person to find me the picture of the "TP" charms, and comment on here to let me know where it is, I will make you your own molds, you will also get some clay, to make your own molds. (I think you can supply your own "TP" yourself) you do need to buy the cheap one-ply "TP".  I guess the more I am writing this the more I am realizing that I need to make a video!! LOL  I will do one probably by the end of the week.  Here are a couple that I did decorate, with Perfect Pearls, Perfect Pearls mixed with water, and chalk.  the one on the left, is Perfect Pearls with water, the one center is chalk, and the one on the right is Perfect Pearls sprayed with Tattered Angels Pearls.  I hope you guys like, don't forget, the first person to comment where the "TP" charms pictures are, wins some molds, and clay to make your clay, and "TP" charms!!!!  Thanks Guys!! Karen ♥     

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Karen, you're into so many mediums--so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, WOW this is such a fabulous technique you are so creative! TFS and I hope you can stop by my blog today for the blog hop that I'm a part of with lots of great giveaways!! See you there:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Karen. I want them. It looks like too much work for me. :( Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...these are so pretty!! So after you push the charms into the clay, do you cut them out of it and then bake it? I have used Sculpey to make snowman noses for some jar lights before and this looks really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...