Sunday, November 28, 2010

Peachy Keen card of Encouragement Challenge

The Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps was to make a card using words of encouragement. I fell in love with this little monkey from the Create a Critter Cartridge. I cut him out at 3 inches in a tan cardstock, it was a scrap, so I don't know the brand. I then cut out the outline of the monkey on layer 2 button in a darker brown, again a scrap. I then stamped the face on the monkey using my FIRST Peachy Keen Stamp Set, PK-490 Everyday Character Face and used the biggest one at 1-3/8". I then cut the vines out in a moss green at 4 inches under the accessory button, and then tried to figure out what the encouragement would be, and since he was just hanging there, I came up with the Hang in There! I used the acrylic alphabet letter stamps from Scrappy Cat stamps. I put the letters together on a clear acrylic block and stamped the words. I made a few more of these cards to have on hand, and I found with these stamps that I would stamp each letter separately because they had a lot of acrylic around each letter, and so the words were so spaced out I wasn't liking it to much. I hope you all like my card, and go to Peachy Keen and enter their challenge with me!!

8 comments:

  1. Awww I LOVE your little monkey. He would bolster ANYONE's confidence up!! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Karen. It's great to have you join in with us. Good luck!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!! This is the CUTEST EVER!!! Great job w/the PKS challenge!
    Peachy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, the monkey is really cute, and the fact that you "freehanded" the monkey is amazing. Great job Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...