Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My very first cakes!!



Hey guys, Just as promised, here are the cakes from my past. (that sounds so mysterious, doesn't it?  Anyway, I found these pictures, while looking for pictures of my hubby and me, (For all of you younger scrappers, make sure that you, and your hubby, significant other, or partner get in some pictures of just the 2 of you here and there, or when you want one, there is always kids, and dogs in there too!) for the 25th anniversary little album that I am making, and I came across these pictures of some cakes that I did in the late 80's, and early 90's. The first one is for my brother-in-law, for his graduation from college, the second one was for my niece for her 2nd birthday in 1989, and the last one was for my nephew, for his 4th birthday, in 1994. They are not my best work, but I look at it the same way I look at old scrap layouts, with all of the pictures cut into shapes, with all the stickers, ect. We all had to start somewhere!! I hope you like, or that they at least make you chuckle!! karen♥

12 comments:

  1. Awesome job with the cakes, such a talent!! I love it. Good advice about the pictures, so crazy how we are never in pictures. Are you going to CK? We decided not to go this year, just too much going on.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are way better than anything I could ever do. Are you gonna show us some of your recent ones now? Hope so! If you did this well 25 years ago, what can you do now?!
    RE: the "new blog", it took me a minute, but I knew the comment was from you & I just thought you were branching out with a new blog. (I was impressed that you were so hip, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! The cakes all look great but you had me giggle when you were talking about where we all started out. I just took out my first scrapbook I made and I couldn't believe how bad it is, the silly think is all stickers and handwriting. I am not going to change a thing in it because It was my first and there are just two many memories wrap up in that one little book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Tami,I am going to leaving mine also. It is funny how we all thought that everything had every picture had to be cut into shapes, and everything had to have stickers! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cakes are awesome!!!! I used to LOVE to decorate cakes, but I have a neck injury that won't let me anymore. Last time I tried, I couldn't move for about three days afterward!

    Thanks for peeking at my desk! You should do WOYWW with me and AJ! It's fun and LOTS of people come to visit! They have close to 200 people link up each week!!! I just had to get over showing my messy desk (although it's pretty tame this week.) Now that I've seen other desks, it doesn't bother me nearly as much!! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too adorable Karen!! I can only image what awesomeness you could do now :)
    So in my comment did you call me an enabler?!?!? LOL.... I hope you enjoy your cameo...I LOVE mine! You ended up getting a GREAT deal!!! Have fun with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhhh!!! So cute! love the cookie monster cake! Can you make me one?! hehehe! Love it!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Lisa, When you turn 2 I would be happy to make you one!! lol karen♥

      Delete
  8. Wow nice job thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your cakes are awesome, Karen. Especially cookie monster. ADORABLE!! Isn't it fun going through old pictures. I have lots of pictures to scrapbook yet; but so little time. Our pictures of late are of our cats and all the other members of the petting zoo!! You're funny, lady! What were you saying about my latest card? Something about a Vera Bradley purse... --Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! you bake too how awesome is that! I love to bake to and watch you tube videos on cake making hee hee:)I like to watch Edna gosh I can't think of her full name but she makes some amazing cakes! just google Edna. Great cakes, LOVE the cookie monster one too CUTE. Thank you for stopping by my dear friend!!
    Hugs
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...