Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A couple of quick cards that I made for a funeral, and a thank you!

Here are 2 cards that I quickly made up.  I am so behind on my quick stash that I usually have of cards for different occasions, so this week I am have to get back on track!! This first one I made for my Godfathers wife who died unexpectedly in her sleep the other day.  Thankfully we don't think that she was in any pain.
The base of the card is made with Papertreyink Ocean Tides, and the floral paper is from K Cand Co pad called Classic K Bailey, the brown ribbon, is ribbon that I had in my stash.  I also used my Martha Stewart line punch, I don't know the name of it, sorry.

This next card is a Thank You for my new wonderful Dentist, for making me feel so comfortable during my recent dental work!
I used the same base paper from Paper trey ink Oceans Tide, the patterned paper was also from the K and Co Classic K Bailey, the bow was also from PTI in Simply Chartreuse, and the same Martha Stewart lace punch. I stamped the words Thank You, with a gold Gel pen, and outlined the border with the same Gel pen,and added a few gold pearls around the "Thank You".  I also popped up the sentiments with some foam squares. I did them quick, so I could catch the mailman, I hope you like them.  karen♥

6 comments:

  1. Great cards Karen, the papers are great. Sorry for your loss, so sad.

    Happy crafting!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Karen! So sorry for your recently loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Karen and I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your godfathers wife.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your loss, it is so hard for me to make this kind of card and never have any extras on hand for that reason. Both cards are just lovely. Take care, sending cyber hugs and hoping next week will be better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss! These are always some of the hardest cards to make, but yours have turned out beautifully! I love the bottoms to them! Sorry I've been a stranger on here lately! I have looked at etsy... and I think I'm finding more to buy than I've really looked into the selling aspect, yikes! hehehe! I guess I'm just having a hard time having the confidence in putting my "work" up for sale. I also really like the personalization of making orders based on someones specifications and not just making something I think someone will like... does that make sense? So as you can tell I'm still wishy washy about it... hehehe! I'll keep you posted! Have a great week!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    So sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I love the MSP you used and your dentist will love the card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...