Friday, February 17, 2012

Hey Girls!!

Hey Everyone!! I just wanted to give you a quick update on how things are coming!! I don't even know where to start, I guess I will start with my horrifying dentist story.  I told you all that I broke my tooth, and my unbelievable fear of the dentist, but when you break a tooth, you kind of have no choice but to go.  I went to the dentist that we have been going to for a while(I should say that my husband has been going to for a while) when I bit a pretzel and thought I broke my tooth, well I went (reluctantly) to the dentist, and they took some x-rays, and they told me that I broke my tooth, and that it was infected, and that if I wanted to save the tooth, I had to have a root canal, and have a crown put on.  He then told me that I had to make an appt with an Endontist (I think, that is what it is called, but since my spell check is bright yellow over it, something tells me that I am wrong) anyway, he gave me a card of a practice that had like 6 doctors on it, and he circled one guy, that he said that he only wanted this certain dentist to do the root canal.  Well the guys office was like 45 mins from my house, and they didn't use the gas, which I know that I can't have this done with out it.  I decided to find someone closer to my house, and one that used gas.  I heard about a dental practice that is 2 mins from my house, and it is a practice that has reg dentists, and dentists that do root canals, ect. I heard it was a good place, and they were really great with people like me that are terrified with dentists.  I went to my appt, and I brought the info, the x-rays and what the dentist wanted done.  Well the dentist came in, and she wanted to take more x rays, so i said fine, (like I had a choice) well I could hear her talking with the dental assistant, and when she came in, she kept looking at the new x-rays, and squinting, and she finally started talking, and I could tell that she didnt want to say whatever it was that she had to say, so I am now physically shaking, and she put the x-ray that I brought up on the light box, and she put the x-ray that they took up next to it, and told me that I did not break the tooth, that I had just broke a small piece of filling off, and that she saw no sign of infection, or any past infection, but the kicker, is when she showed me the x-rays side by side, the one I brought and the one that they took, and she said that she can not see how they could possibly tell if I needed a root canal, if the x-ray that they took, didn't even show the root of the tooth!!!! That's right people, the x-ray only showed the the top of the tooth, no root in site!!! I was so pissed, No Broken Booth, No Infection, and No need of a Root Canal!!!!!!  She didn't want to bad mouth the other dentist, but there was no possible way that he could have made the diagnosis with the info that he had, so now I am wondering if he has this black market, shady deal with the root canal dentist going on, and maybe that is why out of all the other dentists at that practice, he only wanted me to see 1 specific guy!! I guess it was good that I have such a huge fear of the dentist, because if I didn't, I would have gone to the guy he wanted me to go to, and would never had known that I didn't even need the root canal!!  So that was update #1, update #2, I got all of my new storage drawers put together, and my craft room is totally torn apart, and in boxes from my craft room, to my kitchen,to my dining room, to my living room!! It is a little overwhelming to say the least!! My new drawer sets are in my living room, because they weigh about 500lbs a piece, and I can't move them into my craft room by myself, and my hubby has been busy at work this week, and my uncle passed away, so we had the wake to go to ect.  Hopefully I will get a lot done this weekend, and the kids are off next week on vacation, I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing!! haha  Anyway, I will take some pictures of my progress, and share them with you! Thanks for all your patience, and we will do a good challenge for a great prize when I get organized. I am missing crafting so much, I think that crafting relieves my stress, and I really can tell the difference when I don't craft, so that is my motive to get things done!! Well I am off to check all of  your great projects and things that you are all working on!! See you soon, Karen♥

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow!! That is crazy but at least you found out before you spent all that money and had stuff done to a tooth that you didn't need to fix. EEKKKK Glad to hear you are ok though.
    Don't you just love how heavy they make the stuff for crafters?! I think they know we will pack them so full that if they make it cheap it will crack..hahah
    Sorry to hear about the passing of you family member. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW~~ Talk about a bad story gone great! Awesome news Karen!! What a relief you didnt need that root canal....and yes I do think that these medical professionals have something sneaky going on with eachother and we are the ones that end up paying.
    On another note I can not wait to see the new craft room all put together!!
    So sorry to hear about your uncle....my thoughts and prayers are with you guys :(
    Huury back to the world of crafting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen! Makes you wonder what else that are up to! Can't wait to see your space and sorry for your loss.
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Karen! So glad you checked out another dentist. Unbelievable that these things happen; well probably not that hard to believe, but hard to accept. Those kind of "professionals" should not even be in business. Sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. Can't wait til you're able to do some crafting again; I know you can't wait either. Take care.--Pat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...