Monday, April 15, 2013

50th Birthday Card

Hey Everyone!! Well things are slowly getting back to, I hate to say normal,  but back anyway.  I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, and for the beautiful cards that some of you took the time to make and send.  It was so comforting to get cards from you guys, knowing the time that you all to to make them.  I will have to post them, so you all can see the work that was lovingly put into each and every card.  I did finally feel like getting back to work in my craft room, to make a card for a friend who has just turned 50, and I thought that I would share it with you.  Thanks again you guys, you helped us get through a horrible time, the loss of a brother that came way too soon. Karen♥

I think that this card reflects what all of us think about that certain number, and it can be a different number for each of us, but gives us the same feeling!!!  I used some patterned paper that I had in my scrap's pile, and I used a strip of while with a smaller strip of white paper on top of the first to make it look like wooden molding separating the paper to look like wallpaper.  I drew the toilet, but I am sure that there must be a die cut for it somewhere.  I then wrote the message to look like a framed piece of art on the wall with x-stitch floss and a yellow brad to hold it up on the "wall", and topped the whole thing off with a roll of toilet paper that I drew to look like it was on a chrome holder on the wall!! I hope you like!! Karen♥

4 comments:

  1. This is freakin cute, I love it and to think you drew it, unreal! Your friend will laught her guts out with this one. Good to see you back my friend. It has been a while but I do know that crafting is the best medicine. My hubby lost both his brothers in four months, both two young for sure. It was such a shock to have your whole family wiped out in one breath. Anyway thanks for sharing your card I out a good chuckle out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, welcome back, and thanks for visiting. So glad to hear from you. Your card is terrific!! Love your wallpaper with that chair rail--so authentic! And the john, well, I don't think there could be a better die cut than that! It looks great! Especially love the tp--it's perfect. What a funny card. I hope your husband and family, too, are coming around as well as you, dear lady. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Karen!! So glad to see you are doing alright and things at home are slowly getting back to normal ~ I guess as normal as can be...right~
    I just LOVE your fun card!!! The sentiment....well that is just too funny and the can...the pooper...the pot, whatever you want to call it cracks me up!!!
    Such a fun birthday card that I know will get lots of laughs!!!
    Thanks for sharing, glad to see you back and hope we will see more of you!!
    Thanks so much for all your sweet comments on my blog as well~ you are such a GREAT bloggy buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. Glad you are getting back to your craft room.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...