Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Cards


Hey Everyone!! I am assuming that you have all of your cards made, presents bought, tree decorated, cookies made, presents wrapped, just like me!! I wish! Obviously since it is December 16th, and I am just now starting my card making. These cards that I made, are all different, with different paper, colors and techniques.  The first one is dry embossed, and I am not sure that you can see the embossing on the card, but believe me it is there.

I used a brass stencil from Anna Griffin, I love working with stencils, I also like that I can sit on my comfy couch, watch T.V. I know that I can use the brass stencils in my big shop, but it really relaxes me to do it and not have to think, I can just become comatose and emboss away!!


This next one kind of happened by accident. I was on the phone, and was basically playing with my Copic markers, so the image was already embossed, so I placed the brass stencil back on the embossed image, and used a couple different color greens, and filled in the pot with a couple browns. I wished that there wasn't the smudged spots, on the tree, and in the end of the Christmas, but what can you do. I will just send this one to one of my sisters that can't even stay in the lines, while they color! haha  


This one I made with  a product called Textured Magic. It is usually used to make things like brick, stones, ect., but after fooling around with it one day, I heated it with my heat gun, and it puffed up, and dried instantly.  When it dried, it was hard, and it had dimension. It is really fun to play with.  I got it at Michaels, and it comes in a ton of colors.  I did a video on this on my Youtube channel. My Youtube is under karenskrafts1, I would love for you to check it out, and fell free to let me know how you liked or disliked it, I can take it, critique away!!
These next couple were also made with the Textured Magic, and a brass stencil.



7 comments:

  1. Is this really you or did someone take over your blog Karen...LOL! Several post in one week.....OMG :)
    What beautiful CAS Christmas cards!! LOVE the colors and the embossing and that magic stuff sounds like alot of fun :)
    As for all the Christmas preparations done... are you kidding me?? I just finished buying and wrapping my kids presents and still have gifts to buy for the inlaws...But I still have a week :) Cookies are being made this afternoon and Christmas cards....well they are not making it out this year unless I gain about another weeks time!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen! You are more ahead then me!! I haven't started anything yet, I am waiting for a clone to come and assist me. Your cards are super! Great embossing! You should come and enter these over at Docerela and 3 Girl Jam Challenges! Deets are on my sidebar! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jessica, Karen is back! and with such great projects, I think we switched places. I just have lost all my desire to blog anymore. I do have a post going up tomorrow beacause it is my DT post, but it is only because I have to.I have been creating just not putting it on my blog. I get so down at this time of year, always so much to do and I miss my parents so much. Christmas has never been the same since they passed away. But I do have grandkids so I do my very best to make it a special time of year. Anyway take care and I am lookinng forward to seeing what you will post next!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Karen. I just love cards. You have done a great job. Anyone is lucky to get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there my friends:) WOW! how fantastic to see you posting:) Your cards are beautiful and OMG! I still have mine to finish!!
    FYI:I didn't get your email:)Chat soon my friend!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never even got to my cards this year. I am still trying to decide if I should make New Year's Eve cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you have been one busy lady! Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...