Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hello Fellow Bloggerer's!!!!

Hi guys!  I hope all of you had a great weekend!  So I last left you in high spirits heading off to CKU in Manchester NH!! I was going with my friend Kim, and we were going to meet up with Laurie, Kel, and Dawn from Serenityscrappers.blogspot.com.  I have mentioned them before, we all live in MA, but have never met.  One day we were chatting, and we found out that we were all going to CKU, and we were going to plan to meet, and maybe have lunch!! Ok, So that was what was supposed to happen, and if it were anyone else but me, it sounds like a perfect plan!!  O.K. deep breathe.  My friend Kim and I go way back in scrapper land, we have been scrapping together for about 18 yrs.  We have gone to various overnight crops, weekend crops, all day crops, ect. Now here is a tip for all of you!  If you are a hardcore scrapper, then this probably does not apply, but every time that we go to a crop for longer than 3 hours, (and that means like a class crop, not a crop that you have to be responsible for your own behavior crop)  we don 't seem to get anything done.  There was the CKU that we went to a few years ago, and I think that we ended up in the Jacuzzi after a few drinks.  I am sure that we attended our classes, but the crop that was supposed to be the crop all night, we did go for a while, but I think that we ended up in the Jacuzzi again.  We recently, well I guess it was last fall, we went to a weekend crop, and as usual, I got sick, and spent pretty much the whole weekend up in the room sick, and Kim went to the crops by herself, and actually got a lot done.(maybe there is something to that.  Anyway, Kim picked me up around 7:15a.m. and we were 1/2 way there, and I realized that I took my medicine on an empty stomach, but I felt o.k. so I really didn't worry about it.  We got there about 8:30, and we were really excited to shop.  They had a ton of vendors, with every scrapping item known to man.  I don't know if we were really taking our time, or what, but before we realized it , it was tome for our 1st class.  Our first class was a mini album.  The album was really cute, but the amount of time that they schedule doe a class is not nearly close to the amount of time to actually finish what you start.  I promise to post pictures of the album when I finish it.  I did think that I would finish it this weekend, but when I went to work on it, I realized that I had taken my friend Kim's album home, and she has mine, so hopefully we will get together this weekend so we can swap albums, and I can get to work on it.  So we finished our first class, and it was time for our second class which was a canvas on the wall class.  This I was excited for, from the picture of the class, I thought it would be great on my wall that I have Beach pictures on, but we were not so happy to see that the color of the edging around the quotes was a very Orange.  I don't mind certain colors of orange, but I was not very fond of this one, but I am hoping that I can go over it with a pretty shade of blue Stickles.  Also this was the class that we were meeting up with Kel, Laurie, Dawn from Serenity Scrappers.  I had texted Laurie before the class, but didn't hear from her right away, but right when the class was going to start, my phone beeped, and it said, "Hi, we are in the back if the class", so I turned around, and there they were.  I asked them if I could say Hi, or should I text them back. LOL  Anyway the class started, and little by little I started feeling sick.  I tried to ignore it, but there was no way.  I quickly left the room, and ran for the bathroom.  I made it in the bathroom, but not into a stall.  I spent the next few minutes cleaning the bathroom floor.  I cleaned myself up, and went back to the class.  Kim knew what was going on, but I didn't want the girls to know and ruin our lunch plans. I dir feel better after I got sick, and  thought that maybe some food was all I needed.  We all went outside and walked a little bit to a little restaurant down the street.  I ordered a soda, and some chicken, and crossed my fingers.  I took a few sips of my drink, and quickly had that bad feeling, gave a look to Kim, and she jumped up, and i ran to the bathroom.  Now this next part, I am speaking to all of you who have had more than 1 child, and any type of female surgeries.  I made it to the bathroom, and as I began to get sick, My bladder decided to join in!! I know if you want to stop here, I do not blame you.  I now have vomit on my shirt, and urine on my pants.  I stood there trying to decide weather to just fling myself off the roof (but that would involve climbing a fire escape, because we were only 1 foot off the ground) and I really didn't think I could handle it.  I again cleaned myself up as much as possible, but at this point, there was really no hope.  Luckily I had a long shirt on, and there was a hand blower in the bathroom.  I finally went back to the table, and I am sure, that everyone in the restaurant knows what is going on, and at least the girls at my own table, but they were all gabbing, and either they were desperately trying to be nice, or they were in a drug induced haze, and were oblivious to my plight.  I stupidly decided to try to eat a few bites of chicken, I mean what could possibly go wrong now (Some of you who have been with me for a while, are probably screaming at your computers saying "NOOOO DON'T DO IT KAREN!!!!!!"  but then again you all know me to well to think that would happen, so off I was running to the bathroom once again!! This time at least my bladder was empty, and I only had 1 problem to worry about, well actually 2 if you count the lady banging on the bathroom door, ignoring me yelling that I would be out in a minute!! Yes I would be laughing too, if I weren't the one kneeling on the filthy floor. You would think that she would back off after the second time I said I was in there, what did she think, that I jumped out the window just so she couldn't use the bathroom??  or did she think that I was in there hanging out in the 1 toilet male/female bathroom, in this tiny little bathroom???? What exactly did she think that knocking the second and third time would actually accomplish??  Some people I will never understand, as long as I live, which at this point in my day, I was hoping wouldn't be much longer!!  I then went back to the table where everyone was looking at their watches, and Kim had this I pity you so much right now, not the I don;t like you look, but the thank god it is you, and not me look.  We walked back to the hotel, and we said our goodbyes, and they went off to their class, and we went to ours.  I actually did start to feel better by now, but decided that no matter what my brain was saying, nothing was passing these lips for the rest of the day.  The last class was the one I was looking forward to the most.  It was an acrylic album class.  The project was great, but the teacher was more interested in selling her product than teaching the class, so the class was almost over, and we knew we were not going to finish it, so we decided to leave and try and shop, because there was only 1/2 hr left before the vendors packed up and left.  We got to the room, and most of the vendors were almost all packed up, and we really couldn't shop, cause we couldn't remember where we wanted to shop, and who was packed up. and who was not.  So at last we left!!! I got home, and my hubby was in the driveway with the dogs, when we got home, and the first thing he says to me is not hi, or I missed you, or did you have a good time, but "You look awful"  cause obviously I did not know this already!! All I wanted to do was take a shower, and jump off the roof, and yes in that order, cause when I died, which I was convinced was going to happen, in that order, I did not want to smell, the way that I assumed that I smelled, when they came to pick up my body, and if I thought that I could loose some weight in between those things happening, I would have done that too!! I could see the headlines now, "Huge woman dies a million pounds overweight, and smelling like she had a an unbelievably horrible day at the CKU in Manchester NH!! So I am going to post the pictures of my acrylic album, the one accomplishment  of my horribly disgusting, miserable day!!  Karen♥                                             
                                                   

12 comments:

  1. Oh you poor girl!! Just think of it this way...you will ALWAYS remember your trip to the CKU :)
    Love your mini album. Beautifully done!
    Thanks for another "Day in the Life of Karen" story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess, ♥ Ya!!! We miss you over at Scrappy happiness.ning!!! Cone hang out and chat when you have a minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!! Karen, you poor thing! I feel for you! Sometimes you just have to laugh, it's almost to unbelievable!

    Your album turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well let me tell you girlfriend, we had NO idea what was going on. LMAO. I am sorry, but really, really? Why didn't you tell us, we are an understanding bunch. LOL I can't believe you went through all of this in silence!!!

    Great album, though!! LOL. Hope you are feeling better!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Laurie, I know you would have understood, but I just didn't want to put a downer on the day. I really wanted to have a great fun lunch with y'all, and I am also a hugger, so when we said goodbye, you normally would have gotten a big hug, but with the circumstances, there was no way that was happening!! LOL We are going to have to do a scrapping get together again, I will keep my eyes open for somewhere in the middle!! I was so glad you guys had fun, with the copics class aside!! Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so feel for you! that has happen to me so a tip==I alway pack an extra outfit with me. I know big bag but trust me if you know you goign somewhere all day that way if something liek that happen you have a change of clothes. I do all the time bc I never know what going to happen. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michele, after this experience, and many more like it, that is some very good advice. If all of this happened earlier, and the day was going to be longer, I would have been getting a hotel room, just so I could take a shower, and the clean clothes would have come in handy!! Great advice for next time, it is sad that I have to plan that this would actually next time, but sadly this is my life!!! karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Karen I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience at CKU, i feel for you too and like the other ladies said you just have to laugh at it now:) and how gracious of you not to want to damper the other ladies lunch while you are going through all that:) What a trooper! Karen, OMG don't worry when you are ready to order I'm here and I totally understand! Have fun with your daughter and be safe:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mini love the black and PINK with white looks very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. What an awful exoerience for you Hope you are better now. I doubt I would have kept sll that to myself, everyone within shouting distance would have know. I love to read your blog your, do you write proffessionally on the side? If not you should!
    Your album is gorgeouse BTW. Love the black and whiteand all those embellishment gorgeous.
    Big Blog Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Janet, Thanks so much for you thoughts, and believe me, considering how much I LOVE to talk, it was hard not to share with everyone what was going on, but I am not so sure that during lunch was the right time to do it!!LOL I do not write professionally, although I never knew how much I liked to write till I started my blog. As you can see I do tend to ramble quite a bit!LOL Thanks for thinking that I would even be capable of that, you made my day!! Thanks for liking my album, you can't really see in the pictures, but there is also some blue in there too!! Karen<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG girl! I sure hope you're feeling better now and will stay well for Mother's Day. Love the mini-album; that's beautiful! Enjoy the day tomorrow!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...